Mann Bible Translation Project
How your contribution will help
About the Project
The Mann people have a New Testament in their language and it has been well distributed since its publication. Many Mann-speaking people are Christians, mainly from the United Liberian Inland Church, the United Methodist Church, and the Roman Catholic Church. The Mann New Testament was completed in 1991. Since then the Mann people have been requesting the translation of their whole Bible. The translation of the Mann NT has caused an increase in evangelism in the interior of the county and has increased the number of new churches and church attendance among the Mann-speaking people. Since Bible translation is key to the BSL strategic plan, it is important to undertake this Bible translation project with the objective of making God’s word available to all in their language so that they have a transformed life.
Project goals include;
The first phase of activities that we intend to carry out in order to see the Mann old testament come to life are;
- 1.Drafting the books of Leviticus, Judges, 1-2 Chronicles Psalms 51-150 and Isaiah.
- 2.Team checking 1-2 Kings and Psalms
- 3.Reviewing 1-2 Kings and Psalms
- 4.Consultant checking 1-2 Kings and Psalms.
- 5.The books of Genesis and Joshua will be printed
- 6.These printed materials will be given to Mann speakers to give feedback on the project.